10 Inspirational Quotes for Entrepreneurs
Congratulations, you made it through the 4th of July weekend rush! We know your sales took planning, hard-work, and execution, so give yourselves some much deserved time to relax and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
As we move through the rest of the summer, let’s keep that motivation high as the big selling months are still on the horizon. Q4 generates the greatest amount of revenue for most online businesses. In fact, the last quarter of 2015 actually saw over $108billion in sales generated for online retailers and we’re sure this year’s figures will far exceed.
Once you’ve had some time to recoup, let’s keep our eyes on the prize and motivation extremely high. Back-to-school, Labor Day, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday, and the general holiday spending period are all up next.
At Poln, we enjoy turning to some of our heros for a little bit of daily motivation so we’re passing along a few of our favorites to you.
1. “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” – Warren Buffett
Think about the long term effects of what your business is doing today. How will those decisions play out in the months to come? No one has a crystal ball, but what we do know is that hard work pays off. Use that as a motivational tool to get through your day-to-day.
2. “Step out of the history that is holding you back. Step into the new story you are willing to create.” – Oprah Winfrey
Whatever didn’t work in the past, whatever held you or your company back, can be changed — just take that next step forward.
3. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” – Bill Gates
Learn as you go and learn from feedback, both positive and negative. If a customer is unhappy, take the initiative and time to investigate why, make changes, and don’t be afraid to always learn.
4. “Done is better than perfect” – Sheryl Sandberg
As you know, there’s a balance between being perfect and getting things done. You want to strive for efficiency and ensure you’re moving forward and not remaining stagnant. Managers, we’re talking to you!
5. “Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.” – Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs taught us that a successful product must be both aesthetically pleasing and equally functional. Most importantly, will your new designs speak to the demographic to whom you’re selling?
6. “We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all the power we need inside ourselves already. We have the power to imagine better.” – JK Rowling
Embrace your imagination and believe in the innovation and magic that you and your employees possess. Never be afraid to think outside of the box and never be afraid to embrace creative minds.
7. “You can’t be that kid standing at the top of the waterslide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute.” – Tiny Fey
Sometimes, you have to just go for it! Make that first leap and get ready for the wild ride!
8. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” – Muhammad Ali
If there’s one thing Ali taught us, it was to be fearless. Work as hard as you can now so one day you don’t have to!
9. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Embrace the world around you — positive energy goes a long way and directly translates to your customers and your workforce. Always greet people with a smile.
10. “Do not fear mistakes. There are none.” – Miles Davis
Never be afraid to fail. Never be afraid to make a mistake. Embrace each challenge, each mistake, and each bump. The path to success isn’t an unwavering line. There are bumps, turns, drops, and everything else you can imagine. Keep your mind on what you want to accomplish and you’ll get there.
Any other inspirational quotes that speak to you? Feel free to comment below!